In 1986 Haden went to work in the Marin county office of Grubb & Ellis,
a national commercial real estate services firm. In 1995 he was a founding member
of Orion Partners, Ltd., a commercial real estate services firm focused on the
North Bay markets. During his tenure with Orion, Haden was the company’s
Top Producer and helped Orion to grow into the largest commercial real estate
services provider in the market. In 2010, he joined Cornish & Carey Commercial
Newmark Knight Frank as a Senior Vice President and the Manager of the Marin
and Santa Rosa offices.
Haden’s career has been focused on the successful negotiation
of major commercial real estate sales and leases and includes many of Marin
County’s highest profile transactions.
Major Sales & Lease Transactions
- The sale of the development opportunity provided by the Hangars at Hamilton
Landing in Novato and the subsequent complete lease-up of the 400,000 square
feet of office space that was developed in the Hangars. This included the
120,000 square foot lease recently completed with Image Movers Digital, a
division of the Disney Company.
- The complete lease-up of the former 126,000 square foot Fireman’s
Fund Headquarters building at 4040 Civic Center Drive in San Rafael during
its repositioning as one of Marin County’s highest quality multi-tenant
- The complete lease-up of 2 Belvedere Place, a 100,000 square foot office
Property in Mill Valley at record lease rates.
- The ground lease and subsequent reverse build-to-suit to Best Buy of freeway
fronting land in San Rafael occupied by a collection of low quality industrial
buildings and the relocation of the industrial tenant to 3700 Lakeville Highway
In addition to these and numerous other major transactions, Haden has been active
in the business community. Haden is a recent Chairman of the San Rafael Chamber
of Commerce. Haden served two terms as President of the North Bay Brokers Association
and served on the Board of Directors of the Carrera de San Rafael, a professional
bicycle race held annually in Downtown San Rafael.
|Bank of America
Barker Pacific Group
Bechtel Investments Realty
County of Marin
Equity Office Properties
Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
ING Clarion Partners
Lucas Digital Ltd.
|Maier & Siebel
Marin Community Foundation
Marin General Hospital
Residential Capital Mortgage
The Estate of James Campbell
The Martin Group
U. S. Army Corp of Engineers
Organizations and Awards
- “Top Producer” - Orion Partners Ltd. (1996, 2000-2007)
- “Top Producer” with Grubb & Ellis, Marin County, 1990
- “Rookie of the Year” with Grubb & Ellis, Marin County, 1988
- North Bay Commercial Brokers, Past President (two terms)
- Chair, San Rafael Chamber of Commerce
Haden Ongaro’s family settled in Fairfax in 1907 and Haden was
born and raised in Marin County.